Father’s Day (Sunday, June 15) is just a few days away, but there is still plenty of time to snag dear old dad a great gift! Here are a few ideas worth considering:
- A new storage shed: If dad spends a lot of his free time sprucing up the property by gardening, mowing and taking care of odd jobs, he would definitely benefit from a new storage shed. Keep in mind his tastes when you select colors and style. If you want to go the extra mile, start moving all of his supplies in there and get organizing! Imagine how surprised he would be to wake up to a new building that makes it easier to get all of his chores done.
- An outdoor kitchen: Outdoor kitchens are all the rage this year, especially among those who enjoy cooking. If dad loves being behind the barbecue, upgrade his working space! Consider a new grill cart if his is starting to show signs of age, or go with an outdoor kitchen island that’s stocked with a refrigerator and finished with a handsome tile surface. Truly an extension of the living space, the outdoor kitchen is guaranteed to be enjoyed by the whole family. And don’t forget that grill accessories–from a spatula and tongs to a pizza stone) are always fun gifts.
- Exercise equipment: There is no shortage of gift possibilities for a dad who loves being active. If he is into sports, think about getting him something that will enhance his enjoyment, maybe a basketball hoop, a punching bag, or even a new baseball glove. Another idea is a calorie counter or fitness gadget, like the FitBit or the BodyBugg.
- A gift card: Maybe you’ve given an unsuccessful gift or two over the years, and now you are thinking something simple would be best. If this is the case, try a gift card to one of Dad’s favorite stores so he can pick out exactly what suits him.
- Something from the heart: We saved the best for last. Nothing says “Thanks for being a great dad” like a handmade gift (or meal!). No matter your age, this photo-heavy piece is a great craft that dad could keep on his desk for years to come. You can find tons of other craft ideas on sites like Pinterest. Just be sure to start thinking about your project sooner than later, as certain DIY creations can take some time.